There are some traditional Wiccan Rites, which are pretty common. The following is a collection of the ones you may hear the most about:
– It is designed to welcome a new member into a coven or into the craft by dedication of oneself to the Goddess. This is usually done after the craft has been studied for 1 year and a day.
– A Wiccan marriage ceremony in which the right wrists of the couple to be married are bound together. This is only symbolic of their union. Handfasting is becoming more and more common, and is used in many wedding ceremonies.
– This is a ritual or ceremony to welcome a new baby into life. It is also to ensure that it will be protected by the Goddess. This ceremony in no way makes a baby a Wiccan, for Wicca is a path that is CHOSEN later by the individual! It does however welcome the child into the Wiccan household with all the love and protection of a Wiccan family!
– Sacred sexuality, or the union of lance and grail. In Old Traditional Wicca, it is a ceremony which includes the fivefold kiss. The sex is only actual when done in privacy, and symbolic when performed in a coven. Sexual Magick is the most powerful kind and can be performed by people of all sexual orientations.
– A ceremony that marks a woman’s transition from mother to Crone (upon completion of Menopause). This is also her entry into the final stage of her life, or the beginning of the 3rd phase which is sometimes longer than the other phases. Only the Crone herself knows when the time is right . Each Crone enters this phase at her own special time.
Even as a Solitary you can have successful celebrations and Wiccan Rites! Once you know what it is you’re celebrating, just follow procedure in the proper order and the rest will fall in place. Everyone likes a celebration!